Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HOT HOT HOT!

I keep singing that song involving the words. . HOT HOT HOT. No other way to describe it. My pale-faced, easily reddened skin is not adapting well. Thank goodness for hats!

Oh, so I arrived safely to Kuwait yesterday evening. Our flight from Atlanta was a little over 12 hours. I have never been on such a deserted international flight. So very empty. Consequently, it was the BEST international flight I have ever taken. Plenty of room to stretch out. No screaming children. Nice.

So, with less than 24 hours I feel as if I have nothing to report, yet EVERYTHING to report.

Living conditions: GREAT! Our apartment is brand new. Construction dust is covering everything. Emily (my roommate) and I had to put together our new IKEA lamps, shower stuff ,etc. There is a gym (bonus) downstairs in our building, so there should be no reason I am not more fit when I return.

Food: Nothing to report as I have not eaten a full meal since my arrival. Thank you for the Cliff bars I packed.

Internet: Not yet ready at the apartment. Not yet set up for my account at AUK. Using a temporary pass in the library.

Tomorrow is my birthday. We are brainstorming ways to celebrate that involve airconditioning. This could be my most unique b-day yet!

Oh, there is also rumor that Skype has been banned in Kuwait. DANGER DANGER! So sorry Mom.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you arrived safely!!!! I still bet that it's not as hot in Kuwait as it is Kansas :) Can't wait for future updates on your blog. Miss You!

    ReplyDelete